Best Apple Porridge Recipe:
What you need:
- 2 cups porridge oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
How to cook:
- Put the water in a large saucepan and boil.
- When boiling, pour in the porridge and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- At this point you should really turn the heat down while stirring but if your stove does not simmer so well, then just lift the pot away from the heat for a few seconds periodically.
- After a minute, put in the apple slices and continue to stir for a further 30-45 seconds.
- The porridge should be thickening up by this point. If not, keep it on the heat a little longer.
- Take the pot off the heat, cover the porridge and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Serve, with any extras you might have to hand like a bit of brown sugar if you are lucky or some honey drizzled over.
- You could also replace up to half of the water with milk while you are cooking the porridge for a creamier version.